Chef de Rang
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
is recruiting for the season 2022
CHEF DE RANG
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The Chef de Rang is responsible for the flawless delivery of restaurant service to our guests, whose satisfaction is the main objective of our team.
Reports to: Maitre and/or Restaurant Manager
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Deliver restaurant service in the assigned rang, to offer a tailor made culinary experience to our Guests, according to our standards and procedures;
• Coordinate the Commis de Rang during service;
• Support the Maître in creating a personalised interaction with Guests;
• Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the restaurant;
• Responsible for the equipment and supplies assigned to perform the service;
• Contribute to the achievement of the economic targets of the restaurant with a deep knowledge of the restaurant offer and appropriate suggestions and recommendations to Guests;
• Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions.
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding.
• Personal development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
• Professional experience in the same role;
• English knowledge at Intermediate level;
• Valid HACCP certification;
• Knowledge of F&B management software (e.g. Quadranet);
• Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally;
• Attention to detail.
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Meal during working shifts;
• Lodging upon availability;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.