ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
MASSERIA TORRE MAIZZA
Opening in May 2019, Masseria Torre Maizza is located in the most glamorous destination on the Italian Adriatic coast. Surrounded by ancient olive groves, the renovated 16th century masseria will be filled with thoughtful design accents and details to create a unique sense of place, from the stunning Olga Polizzi-designed rooms and suites to the romantic sunset rooftop bar and elegant restaurant overlooking the swimming pool. The resort also features a 9-hole executive golf course, a private beach club and an indulgent spa.
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a very high level of food standards for our Guests and a safe and inspiring work environment for the staff.
Reports to General Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities;
• In charge of orders for all fresh products and in charge of choosing the providers and change them according to changes in food offer in alignment with hotel management;
• Modifying menus for all outlets including bar, in room dining, amenities in a proactive way, in order to meet guests’ preferences, products seasonality and new trends;
• Estimating food requirements and food/labour costs;
• Supporting S&M and Events Manager to elaborate menus and food offer for in house and external corporate events;
• Acting as Chef for culinary classes for guests;
• Responsible for menu proposal and menu engineering for banquets and events;
• Responsible for staff canteen in compliance with corporate HR standards;
• Create and maintain relationship with all supervisor of the various F&B outlets;
• Responsible for selection, appraisal and professional development of kitchen staff, including pastry and stewards. Responsible for talent management. Acting as a coach and trainer for Restaurant staff in order to improve their sales skills;
• Cooperating with F&B Manager and Purchasing Manager to choose china which enhances the food presentation;
• Arranging for equipment purchases and repairs;
• Performing administrative duties as per H&S requirements. Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards;
• Responsible for staff time keeping and rotas of the kitchen;
• Be informed on new trends in line with guests needs.
Competencies & experience required:
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth. Previous experience as trainer is a plus.
• Broad knowledge of regional cuisine and products with suitable experience of working with fresh ingredients;
• Previous experience in the same role in prestigious working environments;
• Fluent Italian and English;
• PC literate.
• Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Reward package adequate to the professional experience;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgelnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaodcjjbgdn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.