Belmond Villa San Michele is recruiting:
Belmond Villa San Michele, a former medieval monastery, is a luxury resort located on the hills of Florence. Art, blooming gardens and creativity are the key ingredients of our high-end but yet friendly hospitality. Our Executive Chef is passionate of the flavours and products of Tuscany and he/she seeks creativity to transform every dining experience into a lasting memory. Our staff loves his job and continuously looks for self development. The ideal candidate is willing to achieve individual and team goals through teamwork and passion.
Reports to: F&B Manager. Responsible for: kitchen, pastry and stewarding staff
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Responsible for the food production of restaurant, bar, banqueting, room service and staff restaurant achieving and maintaining the brand standards and exceeding Guests’ expectations. Average covers production: 120/130 per day.
• Select, train, coach and develop the kitchen, pastry & stewarding brigade
• Select fresh food products and create menus and dishes balancing both creativity and local tradition. Guarantee continuous monitoring of quality with attention to details.
• Responsible of the award-winning cooking school of the hotel.
• Responsible for the department financial objectives, productivity and food quality.
• Compliance with health and safety regulations
• Responsible of kitchen, pastry and plonge equipment and its inventory
• Compliance with corporate Code of Conduct and labour regulation as a co-worker and as a leader
Competencies & experience required
• Communication skills: able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, colleagues, superiors and suppliers. Open to listening to and understanding the other person’s point of view, giving and obtaining constructive feedback. Assertiveness is key.
• Team leader and builder: able to create a good climate within the team and to foster motivation and positivity. He/she is a team player and acts as a role model.
• Results focused: able to give smart objectives to the brigade and to pursue personal, team and company goals focusing on Belmond’s standards, policies and professional ethic.
• Flexibility: able to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or work environment and willing to lead his/her team to welcome and promote change.
• Creativity: able to look beyond and to formulate new ideas. He/se has a global perspective and embraces diversity. His/her passion and curiosity drive to self and team development.
• Strong professional ethic: he/she maintains his/her promises and cares how things are done.
• Broad knowledge of regional cuisine and products with suitable experience of working with fresh ingredients.
• Previous experience as team leader in a kitchen brigade of at least 15 people, in prestigious working environments.
• Excellent knowledge of Italian and good command of English.
• PC literate
•Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
•Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
•Learning & development activities
•Career opportunities within our Hotels cluster
Location of work : Fiesole (FI)
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to firstname.lastname@example.org and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards
* Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we receive, unfortunately we will only be in contact with you if you have been shortlisted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in working with Belmond.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.