ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
Is recruiting for the season 2021
Villa Igiea will reopen completely refurbished with a contemporary design and its Liberty soul still intact. The hotel will have 100 rooms and suites, overlooking the flourishing gardens and the Gulf of Palermo. Well-known Chef Fulvio Pierangelini will lead the kitchen brigade and conceive the hotel culinary offer. A beautiful Wellness Center will be available for relaxation and body care while sports lovers will find a fitness room for their work out. The property is enriched by a swimming pool for the exclusive use of Guests, facing the sea and shaded by prosperous vegetation. The project is to restore the structure, built at the end of the nineteenth century by the English Admiral Cecil Domville, then purchased by the Florio family and renovated by the architect Ernesto Basile, to its ancient splendor. The renovation is signed by Olga Polizzi, Deputy Chairman & Design Director of Rocco Forte Hotels, in collaboration with Paolo Moschino of Nicholas Haslam Studios.
The Floor Supervisor manages the front-end operations delegating tasks to the Housekeeping team throughout the day, and ensuring each Guest has an excellent experience. Strong commitment to quality and Guest care are a must.
Reports to: Executive Housekeeper.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Ensure that housekeeping requests by Guests are responded to in a timely and efficient manner and where possible anticipate Guest’s needs;
• Guarantee daily inspection of Guest rooms, public areas, back of the house areas to maintain and reach our service standard;
• Help in maintaining all department inventories and cleaning schedules;
• Support the Head Housekeeper to maintain the décor of staff house, lockers and back of the house;
• Assist the Head Housekeeper in the housekeeping staff appraisal, training and development;
• Comply with the financial objectives of the department.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: self-awareness and self-control are must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance affects the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth. Previous experience as trainer is a plus.
• Fluent in Italian. English knowledge is preferred;
• Previous professional experience in the same department is preferred;
• High School certificate.
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
• Learning & development activities.
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Villa Igiea Hotel, Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.