ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
HOTEL DE LA VILLE
Opened in May 2019 above the Spanish Steps, Hotel de la Ville is Rome’s most exciting new destination.
Inspired by the era of the Grand Tour, the hotel elegantly marries 18th-century architecture with contemporary luxury and unparalleled service. The interior, a collaboration between Olga Polizzi and renowned architect Tommaso Ziffer, entwines traditional design elements with state-of-the-art technology to stunning effect.
The vibrant restaurants and playful cocktail bars make Hotel de la Ville the gathering place for the city’s bright and beautiful, while visitors find the location in the heart of Rome irresistible.
The Bar Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient running and profitability of bar and light meals service, according to our standards and procedures. She/he has a natural flair for 5 star hospitality and strong communicational skills. Responsible for all bar outlets and relevant services.
Reports to Food & Beverage Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide friendly, attentive and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our Guests;
• Ensure that policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service;
• Accomplish bar staff’s objectives by orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, and counselling them;
• Involved in recruitment and selection process;
• Achieve the department financial objectives working closely with management and overall team;
• Comply with H&S national rules;
• Maintain a professional relationship with guests and colleagues;
• Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints;
• Manage and develop staff in everyday operations according to our standard and procedures;
• Monitor stock levels and align to the department financial objectives.
• Handle administration tasks as required
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: self-awareness and self-control are must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance affects the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth. Previous experience as trainer is a plus.
• Fluent in Italian and English. French as third language is preferred
• Sound professional experience in a similar role in luxury hotels and/or bars at international level;
• Certificate as Professional Barman
• Certificate as Sommelier is preferred.
• Evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
• Able to use software for management of F&B – Familiar with Microsoft Office package
• Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Workplace: Hotel De La Ville, Via Sistina, 69, 00187 Roma.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.