ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a very high level of food standards for our Guests and a safe and inspiring work environment for the staff.
Reports to: F&B Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities;
• In charge of orders for all fresh products and in charge of choosing the providers;
• Estimating food requirements and food/labour costs;
• Supporting S&M and Events Manager to elaborate menus and food offer for in house and external corporate events;
• Acting as Chef for culinary classes for guests;
• Responsible for menu proposal and menu engineering for banquets and events;
• Responsible for staff canteen in compliance with corporate HR standards;
• Create and maintain relationship with all supervisor of the various F&B outlets;
• Responsible for selection, appraisal and professional development of kitchen staff, including pastry and stewards. Responsible for talent management. Acting as a coach and trainer for Restaurant staff in order to improve their sales skills;
• Cooperating with F&B Manager and Purchasing Manager to choose china which enhances the food presentation;
• Arranging for equipment purchases and repairs;
• Performing administrative duties as per H&S requirements. Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards;
• Responsible for staff time keeping and rotas of the kitchen;
• Be informed on new trends in line with guests needs.
• Permanent contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
• Learning & development activities and career opportunities.
• Opportunity to stay in one of our hotels at a reduced rate (35€ per night) upon reaching 6 working months. You will also be entitled to 50% discount at bars and restaurants of the Company and 20% discount on wellness treatments at our Spa and on products “Irene Forte”.
• Staff celebrations.
• Accommodation provided.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play. He/she will engage the Team Members, with a open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust and respect.
• Communication: He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst all the departments of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Broad knowledge of regional cuisine and products with suitable experience of working with fresh ingredients;
• Previous experience in the same role in prestigious working environments;
• Fluent Italian and English;
• PC literate.
Workplace: Villa Igiea, Via Belmonte, 43, 90142 Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.