We are looking for a Switchboard Operator to join our luxury hotel Anantara Palazzo Naiadi Rome.
The Switchboard Operator captures details from the incoming calls satisfying and exceeding each guest’s request. He or she should reflect the quality of the hotel to our guest and must be a very strong in communication skills. A positive attitude, knowledge of the hotel and attention to details are all key requirements in Anantara.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
– Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures.
– Answers incoming calls.
– Directs call to guest rooms, staff, or departments through the switchboard or PBX system.
– Places outgoing calls.
– Receives guest messages and deliver the same to the guest.
– Logs all wake-up call requests and performs wake-up call services.
– Provides information about hotel services to guests.
– Understand the telephone operator board or PBX switchboard operations.
– Provides paging services for hotel guests and employees.
– Knows what action to take when an emergency call is required.
– Monitors automated systems including fire alarms and telephone equipment when engineering and maintenance department is closed.
– Assists in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems.
– Following telephone etiquette.
– Trains or assists with training new telephone operators in performance of job duties.
– To be fully aware of and adhere of health and safety procedures.
– Multitasking abilities will always come in handy, because a switchboard operator may be asked to do other jobs as well.
– Assist in the effective operation of the Reservations department, to meet the business goals of the hotel.
– Must be polite and courteous while answering the phone.
– Open and close telephone functionality on the hotel front office software.
– Keep records of calls placed and received by all departments and recording the call charges.
– Setup conference calls in different locations and time zones.
– Update directory information on the front office software.
– Provide relay service for hearing-impaired guests.
– Provides a paging service for hotel guests and employees. Process guest wake-up calls.
– Understand and apply hotel policies for no-shows, cancellation, credit and pre-payment policies.
– To be up to date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
– Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction. Ensure all issues relating to guest satisfaction are raised, monitored, and followed up on a timely basis.
– Maintain a motivational working environment within the department, and with other colleagues in the hotel
– Understand how the Sales office, Group Sales Department and Front Desk relate to the Reservation Department.
– Be knowledgeable about local seasonality and events.
– Proactively promote other sister properties of Minor International.
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Anantara, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
Working with Others:
– They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
– They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
– They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
– They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
– They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
– They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
– They manage their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
– They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
– They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
– They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
– They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
– They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.