Sports & Leisure Manager
SPORTS AND LEISURE MANAGER
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
Responsible for leading the Lifeguards team and overseeing / planning any sports and leisure related activities in partnership with the Resort Manager and Spa Manager, including managing of any related contract with external partners (i.e. Tennis, Water sport, Football Academies etc).
Reports to the Resort Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Oversee the smooth running of the Sports & Leisure department on a day to day basis with an aim to achieve the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction.
• Create new, unique and interesting Sports & Leisure activities that draw upon the best cultural, sporting or other offerings of the area in which the hotel is located.
• To continually be positioning the sports and leisure offerings as a differentiator and a point of competitive advantage for the Resort.
• To have a complete knowledge of the products and services offered by the Resort.
• To lead the implementation of all health and safety codes in the sports and leisure activities of the Resort, including any activities that might include children.
• Ensure that all activities are performed in a safe environment using proper safety techniques.
• Monitor the success of the activities programs through the number of participants per scheduled event and through guests’ feedback.
• Make necessary adjustments to maintain top quality, fun filled and original programs for hotel guests.
• Prepare and circulate clear information to guests of the events offered by the hotel in conjunction with PR and Concierge teams.
• Ensure proper accounting procedures are followed when collecting of charging fees for Sports & Leisure activities
• Be prepared to assume other Sports & Leisure duties or responsibilities as requested by management.
• Drive revenues of the department through upselling and cross selling.
• Sports consultancy at the Kids and Teens Club
• Negotiation, planning and development of agreements and work plans related to the resort’s sports activities: tennis, football academy, watersports, biking, etc
• Research and development of new and possible sports activities or possible partnerships, gadgets, technology, machinery and lessons and classes of greatest interest and success
• Assistance to guests, especially Resort guests
• Communication with the management and other structures of RFH
• Management, organization and motivation of the Lifegaurd team
• Detailed knowledge of the various activities, Spa Menu and the global offer of the Resort
• Definition of service hours and assignment of service shifts of the Lifeguard team
• Execute and check product orders
• Manage the relationship with suppliers, service providers
• Sales, organization and control of sales (in line with the objectives set)
• Warehouse management and inventory control
• Check on compliance with hygiene / health provisions
• Control of compliance with the provisions on the team’s image and uniform
• Interact with the housekeeping department and plan interventions for cleaning workers
• Check on the functionality of the tools and information on news
• Inform guests about the various offers and possibilities of the Resort
• Attend the training and refresher courses provided at the Resort
• Other tasks as needed
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with a open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Fluent in Italian and English.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety provisions at international and national level
• PC literate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in recreation administration, physical education, or a closely related field
• Ideally to have four (4) years of experience in supervising water sports & leisure programs, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in human resource management
• Managerial, leadership and technical skills
• Experience in innovative fitness offers
• Knowledge of laws and regulations in the fitness sector
• Knowledge about nutrition
• Experience with booking programs
• First Aid Certificate
• Basic knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Reward package adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgfcnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaoddcbejcn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.