Sommelier Castello di Casole
The ideal candidate is willing to provide excellent and personalized guest experiences, he / she should have exceptional taste and exemplary customer service skills. The sommelier is responsible for the selection of wines and their service throughout the Food and Beverage operation, including banqueting.
Reports to Restaurant Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints, providing an excellent and personalized guest experience according to our service standards;
• Cooperate with the Restaurant Manager for staff development;
• Develop special events about wine;
• Inventory and requisitions: assist in monitoring stock levels and ordering replacement deliveries. Avoid any waste and capable to control beverage margins;
• Cooperate with the bar manager to establish the wine selection to use the pool bar and for the champagne bar;
• Compliance with health and safety regulations;
• Fully responsible for Banqueting wine orders and consumption.
• Effective communication: communicate clearly and in an appropriate manner (both verbally and non-verbally) that positively impacts on their role, the business and Belmond. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding. Regularly solicit input from the team, peers and external resources. Share information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Emotional intelligence: take on challenges in a confident manner and use emotional skills to identify problems and resolve them. Seek feedback about own performance to enhance self-awareness. Coach the team to improve how their behaviors impact others.
• Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, and proactively go out of one’s way to help others. Share successes and credits with the team. Actively develop team members and hold themselves and others accountable.
• Drive results: set clear goals and expectations and maximize resource allocation to achieve those. Measure, report and communicate business results to the broader team including but not limited to financial, guest satisfaction and employee engagement results.
• Adaptability: demonstrate a forward thinking ability, whilst anticipating the implications and consequences of new information. Lead change programmers through the business and the team. Efficiently priorities and handle multiple demands and tasks.
• Be able to advice about best selling prices and keen to regularly review them according to Restaurant manager and Purchasing manager instructions.
• At least 3 years of professional experience within the same role in deluxe hotel or restaurant
• Fluent in Italian and English, third language preferred
• Sommelier AIS or FISAR
• Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and specify the position in the email or on our web site.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.