Located in the iconic Piazzetta in the heart of Portofino, Belmond Splendido Mare reopens its doors to our guests in April 2021, following a total renovation.
Our guests can choose from 14 rooms and suites completely reimagined in style, as well as have access to our exclusive restaurant including an elegant indoor dining room and a terrace in the centre of Portofino life.
Belmond Splendido Mare is looking for an Assistant Sommelier, to join our DaV Mare Team and be able to offer high levels of service to our guests in a familiar and welcoming atmosphere, respecting their privacy and anticipating their needs.
DaV Mare Restaurant was born from the collaboration between Belmond and the Cerea family of Da Vittorio, a renowned starred restaurant in the Bergamo area.
The Sommelier is responsible for the selection of wines and their service throughout the Food and Beverage operation, including banqueting.
Reports to the Sommelier.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
– Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints, providing an excellent and personalized guest experience according to our service standards
– Cooperate with the Restaurant Manager for staff development
– Develop special events about wine
– Inventory and requisitions: assist in monitoring stock levels and ordering replacement deliveries. Avoid any waste and capable to control beverage margins
– Cooperate with the bar manager to establish the wine selection to use the pool bar and for the champagne bar
– Compliance with health and safety regulations
– Fully responsible for Banqueting wine orders and consumption
– Working experience of minimum 2 years within the same role in Luxury Hotel’s Industry
– Experience in Fine Dining Restaurant required (Michelin is a plus)
– Fluent in English and Italian; a third language preferred
– Sommelier AIS or FISAR
– Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines
– Exceptional customer service skills
– Effective communication, Emotional intelligence and Adaptability
– Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, and proactively go out of one’s way to help others
– Drive results: set clear goals and expectations and maximise resource allocation to achieve those
– Global perspective: treat each other with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position, level or background
– Be able to advice about best selling prices and keen to regularly review them according to Restaurant manager and Purchasing manager instructions.
OFFER & BENEFITS:
– Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo – Level 3, Assistant Sommelier
– Food & lodging for non residents in our Staff House
– Start date: March 2023 – End date: January 2024, with the aim of a continuous collaboration for next seasons at Hotel Splendido, with a career path
– Career opportunities within our Belmond properties in Italy and abroad
– Ongoing Learning & Development activities
– Discovering Belmond program, that offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.