SOMMELIER – SEASON 2024
Join the Recruitment Days at Masseria Torre Maizza on 4th and 5th December!
Opened in May 2019, Masseria Torre Maizza is located in the most glamorous destination on the Italian Adriatic coast. Surrounded by ancient olive groves, the renovated 16th century masseria is filled with thoughtful design accents and details to create a unique sense of place, from the stunning Olga Polizzi-designed rooms and suites to the romantic sunset rooftop bar and elegant restaurant overlooking the swimming pool. The resort also features a 9-hole executive golf course, a private beach club and an indulgent Spa.
The Sommelier is responsible for suggesting to our Guest the perfect pairing for him/her to enhance the culinary experience. He/she is in charge of the beverage service of the restaurant.
Reports to: Restaurant Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Create a personalised interaction with the Guests and a tailor made culinary experience for each one of them, according to the company policies, procedures and standards;
• Carry out wine tasting for our Guests;
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in preparing the wine lists, inventory and requisitions;
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in monitoring stock levels and suggest actions to improve sales and stock rotation;
• Support the Restaurant Manager to develop special wine events;
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in reaching financial and quality objectives assigned to his/her role;
• Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions.
• Seasonal contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
• Learning & development activities and career opportunities.
• Opportunity to stay in one of our hotels at a reduced rate (35€ per night) upon reaching 6 working months. You will also be entitled to 50% discount at bars and restaurants of the Company and 20% discount on wellness treatments at our Spa and on products “Irene Forte”.
• Staff celebrations.
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence.
• Personal development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role.
• Professional experience, preferably in deluxe hotel or restaurant, in the same role;
• English knowledge at Intermediate level;
• Sommelier certification as AIS, FIS or FISAR;
• Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines;
• Knowledge of F&B management software (e.g. Quadranet);
• Attention to detail;
• Valid HACCP certification.
Workplace: Masseria Torre Maizza, Contrada Coccaro s.n , 72015, Savelletri di Fasano (BR), Puglia.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.