ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
VERDURA GOLF & SPA RESORT
is recruiting for the season 2019
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The objective of Verdura Resort’s team is providing an exceptional Sicilian experience to our Guests. The Sommelier is responsible for suggesting to our Guest the perfect pairing for him/her to enhance the culinary experience. He/she will be in charge of the beverage service of the restaurant. She/he is fond of gastronomy and never stops to develop his/her knowledge about food and wine.
Main duties & responsibilities:
– Responsible for the effective management of the Sommellerie of the hotel. We expect personalised interaction with our Guests in order to deliver them the best culinary experience, whilst recommending and up-selling wines to pair with their meals.
– Prepare the wine lists, purchase orders, inventory and requisitions. Assist the F&B Manager in monitoring stock levels and sales and suggest actions to improve sales and stock rotation.
– Cooperate with the Restaurant Manager for staff development and training
– Cooperate with F&B Manager to develop special events about wine for our Guests
– Responsible for reaching financial and quality objectives assigned to his/her role.
– Team management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, engaging all the Team Members with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
– Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manners, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the Guests. Share information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
– Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations, identifying clear priorities. Meet deadlines completing tasks and projects successfully.
– Business orientation: Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
– Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
– Fluent in Italian and English. Third language preferred.
– Sommelier certification as AIS or FISAR;
– Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines;
– Exceptional customer service skills;
– Professional experience within the same role in deluxe hotel or restaurant;
– Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
– Food & Lodging for non residents;
– Learning & development activities;
– Career opportunities in Rocco Forte Hotels.
Location: Verdura Golf & Spa Resort, S.S. 115 – Km 131, Sciacca (AG), Sicily, 92019
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgfbnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaodcjgifgn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.