Restaurant Supervisor / Primo Maitre
We are seeking to recruit a Restaurant Supervisor for the upcoming 2019 season.
Set on the private island of San Clemente, our Hotel is part of Kempinski and a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World. San Clemente Palace Kempinski offers 190 rooms and suites, three restaurants, three bars, an outdoor pool, a tennis court, a recently inaugurated Spa and a congress centre.
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
The job of Restaurant Supervisor is executed satisfactorily when:
– all rules & regulations are strictly adhered including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP;
– the service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members;
– the sales are driven to the outlet’s full potential and that budget is adhered to;
– a high quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet;
– the outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
Among the main responsibilities:
– all duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet;
– be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel;
– have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned;
– have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives;
– monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully;
– ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times;
– successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet;
– handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors;
– report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest;
– assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment;
– have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department;
– lead the service and act as a role model to the team;
– ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
Requirements for the position:
– 2/3 year experience in the same position in international 5* hotels or in fine dining/goumet restaurants;
– excellent Italian and English;
– up to date knowledge and expertise on wines/qualification as sommelier is preferable;
– ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions;
– excellent organizational and time management skills.
Plese send your CV stating in the object the position you are applying for.
We will contact only those candidates whose Cvs fit our requirements for the position.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.