Director of Restaurant
The Director of Restaurant is responsible for overseeing the efficient running and profitability of the restaurants, In room dining and In room bar, according to our standards and procedures. The ideal candidate has to preserve guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings.
Reports to Director of F&B.
Main duties and responsibilities (not limited to):
• Responsible for ensuring the happiness and satisfaction of guests. Ensure that policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service;
• Compliance with health and safety regulations
• Be able to align with our philosophy of creating authentic and unique experiences for our Guests;
• Accomplish restaurant human resource objectives by orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees. Involved in recruitment and selection process;
• Responsible for Restaurants In Room Service and In room Bar staff weekly schedule;
• Budget control, working closely with F&B Manager;
• Inventory and cost control.
• Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints, providing an excellent and personalized guest experience according to our service standards
• Effective communication: communicate clearly and in an appropriate manner (both verbally and non-verbally) that positively impacts on their role, the business and Belmond. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding. Regularly solicit input from the team, peers and external resources. Share information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Emotional intelligence: take on challenges in a confident manner and use emotional skills to identify problems and resolve them. Seek feedback about own performance to enhance self-awareness. Coach the team to improve how their behaviours impact others.
• Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, and proactively go out of one’s way to help others. Share successes and credits with the team. Actively develop team members and hold themselves and others accountable.
• Drive results: set clear goals and expectations and maximise resource allocation to achieve those. Measure, report and communicate business results to the broader team including but not limited to financial, guest satisfaction and employee engagement results.
• Adaptability: demonstrate a forward thinking ability, whilst anticipating the implications and consequences of new information. Lead change programmes through the business and the team. Efficiently prioritise and handle multiple demands and tasks.
Skills and Professional Background:
• Fluent in Italian and English. A third language is preferred (French);
• Professional experience for 5 years, preferably at international level within the same role in the hospitality business;
• Certificate as Professional Sommelier and/ or gastronomy studies preferred;
• Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
• PC literate.
• Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within our Hotels cluster
• Food & Lodging for non residents
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.