PR & Communications Manager
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
PR & COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Verdura Resort is set on 230 hectares and nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. There are three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants, five bars and much more. It’s a place where buildings are subtly woven into the landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s a place where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The PR & Communications Manager activates, leads and manages that the hotel-level PR strategy plans to promote the Rocco Forte brand, regional and local presence in order to maximise visibility, coverage and revenue generation. The PR & Communications Manager is part of the marketing team, working cohesively to ensure an integrated marketing approach in all PR activities.
Reports to: General Manager and in dotted line to Regional Director of Communication
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Promotes the key brand programmes , promotions and new initiatives both internally as well externally
• Works cohesively with the Marketing team, the wider group and external agencies in order to ensure an integrated marketing approach in all PR activities
• Maximises the value of supplier funded trips/incentives
• Identifies and enters hotels into appropriate PR local and national awards, in order to promote Rocco Forte Hotels as a company
• Regularly undertakes market research to study the competitors and compile reports for Marketing team
• Networks effectively to build key relationships within the industry and the PR profession, in order to gain new insights and forge key partnerships for the company
• Keeps abreast of the latest PR insights and developments, such as the growing importance of social media and intelligent online marketing
• Oversees the PR budget and expenses together with the PR & Communications Director
• Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing and regional team, create newsworthy stories that include, but not limited to seasonal promotions and packages, hotel initiatives, F&B initiatives, spa initiatives, partnerships, local and regional destination led, etc..
• Draft all press releases and ensure they have a proper call to action, promoting key url(s) and ensure local and national distribution
• Communicate all international releases to brand in a timely manner for distribution to the wider PR network
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with journalists, local businesses, institutions, officials and all relevant media outlets/partners
• Liaise with key PR agencies, including local and national tourist boards and third party PR contacts
• Plan and manage media visits from overseas, and when necessary, organise detailed and interesting itineraries for journalists to discover the hotel and destination
• Act as hotel spokesperson where needed (with GM/Head Office Communications team direction)
• Monitor all coverage in order to protect the brand presence as well as strengthen the hotel’s positioning
• Work with local partners and community such as museums, theatres and other cultural entities in order to create co marketing events and drive awareness
• Work with external companies in the luxury, lifestyle, food & wine, cultural and hospitality sectors in the development of promotional opportunities
• Contribute to the creation and development of a social media strategy and editorial plan
• Continually update Hotel Management on significant Social media activity regarding hotel, competitors, new trends etc.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities.
• At least 4 years of carrier experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel or resort and/or in a regional role.
• Strong media influencer and luxury industry contacts.
• Demonstration of successful strategic partnerships and promotional campaigns.
• Experience in a communication role and ideally proven management skills
• Education at university level in hotel/tourism management or PR management;
• Fluency in English and Italian
• Well-developed writing skills to include press release, press kits etc.
• Excellent Pc & social media skills.
• Full year contract
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
• Meals provided when on duty
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Place of work: Verdura Resort, S.S. 115, Km 131, 92019 Sciacca (AG)
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to […] and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.