PR & Communications Manager
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
PR & COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Opened as a hotel in 1900, Villa Igiea became a fabled year-round sanctuary for royalty and the Hollywood elite. Built by visionary Sicilian architect Ernesto Basile for the family Florio, the historical Villa epitomises Palermo’s Liberty movement and is undoubtedly the most distinguished of the era.
The PR & Communications Manager activates, leads and manages that the hotel-level PR strategy plans to promote the Rocco Forte brand, regional and local presence in order to maximise visibility, coverage and revenue generation. The PR & Communications Manager is part of the marketing team, working cohesively to ensure an integrated marketing approach in all PR activities.
Reports to: General Manager and in dotted line to Regional Director of Communication
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Promotes the key brand programmes , promotions and new initiatives both internally as well externally
• Works cohesively with the Marketing team, the wider group and external agencies in order to ensure an integrated marketing approach in all PR activities
• Maximises the value of supplier funded trips/incentives
• Identifies and enters hotels into appropriate PR local and national awards, in order to promote Rocco Forte Hotels as a company
• Regularly undertakes market research to study the competitors and compile reports for Marketing team
• Networks effectively to build key relationships within the industry and the PR profession, in order to gain new insights and forge key partnerships for the company
• Keeps abreast of the latest PR insights and developments, such as the growing importance of social media and intelligent online marketing
• Oversees the PR budget and expenses together with the PR & Communications Director
• Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing and regional team, create newsworthy stories that include, but not limited to seasonal promotions and packages, hotel initiatives, F&B initiatives, spa initiatives, partnerships, local and regional destination led, etc..
• Draft all press releases and ensure they have a proper call to action, promoting key url(s) and ensure local and national distribution
• Communicate all international releases to brand in a timely manner for distribution to the wider PR network
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with journalists, local businesses, institutions, officials and all relevant media outlets/partners
• Liaise with key PR agencies, including local and national tourist boards and third party PR contacts
• Plan and manage media visits from overseas, and when necessary, organise detailed and interesting itineraries for journalists to discover the hotel and destination
• Act as hotel spokesperson where needed (with GM/Head Office Communications team direction)
• Monitor all coverage in order to protect the brand presence as well as strengthen the hotel’s positioning
• Work with local partners and community such as museums, theatres and other cultural entities in order to create co marketing events and drive awareness
• Work with external companies in the luxury, lifestyle, food & wine, cultural and hospitality sectors in the development of promotional opportunities
• Contribute to the creation and development of a social media strategy and editorial plan
• Continually update Hotel Management on significant Social media activity regarding hotel, competitors, new trends etc.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities.
• At least 4 years of carrier experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel or resort and/or in a regional role.
• Strong media influencer and luxury industry contacts.
• Demonstration of successful strategic partnerships and promotional campaigns.
• Experience in a communication role and ideally proven management skills
• Education at university level in hotel/tourism management or PR management;
• Fluency in English and Italian
• Well-developed writing skills to include press release, press kits etc.
• Excellent Pc & social media skills.
• Fixed-term contract.
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
• Meals provided when on duty
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Place of work: Villa Igiea, Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 Palermo PA
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.