ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
HOTEL DE LA VILLE
is recruiting for the season 2021
FRONT OFFICE PORTER
Opening in May 2019 above the Spanish Steps, Hotel de la Ville is Rome’s most exciting new destination.
Inspired by the era of the Grand Tour, the hotel elegantly marries 18th-century architecture with contemporary luxury and unparalleled service. The interior, a collaboration between Olga Polizzi and renowned architect Tommaso Ziffer, entwines traditional design elements with state-of-the-art technology to stunning effect.
The vibrant restaurants and playful cocktail bars will make Hotel de la Ville the gathering place for the city’s bright and beautiful, while visitors will find the location in the heart of Rome irresistible.
Porter must ensure that all guests receive a warm and personalised welcome. He/she is responsible for handling any Guest’s request as required from Front Office and Concierge team.
Reports to: Head Concierge.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Ensure that Guest needs are anticipated and requests satisfied. Build personalised relationship with Guests according to the company standards and procedures;
• Ensure collection and delivery of Guest luggage in an efficient and timely manner;
• Escort Guests to the room providing a Hotel orientation and offering a room presentation in order to show the features available;
• Share any comment or complaint, with relevant Managers if unable to handle;
• Room delivery of mail, documents and shopping bags when required by the Guest;
• Keep the entrance of the hotel, the lobby hall and the luggage room clean and tidy;
• Assist the Concierge team with their duties as required;
• Park and clean upon request Guests’ vehicles and retrieve them when needed.
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding.
• Personal development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
• Professional experience, preferably at international level, in the same role;
• English knowledge at Intermediate level;
• Knowledge of hotel management software (e.g. Opera) is preferable;
• Strong passion for hospitality and attention to details;
• Driving license;
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Learning & Development activities;
• Meal during working shifts;
• Career opportunities in Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Hotel De La Ville, Via Sistina, 69, 00187 Roma RM
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgkcnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaoddidekjn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.