Personal Assistant to General Manager
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO GENERAL MANAGER
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The Personal Assistant to General Manager is the first point of contact for the General Manager and take ownership of requests and communications and action them in a timely and appropriate manner.
Reports to: General Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide proactive diary management and coordination of meetings and all related arrangements i.e. travel arrangements, etc.;
• Schedule meetings; determining the purpose of the meeting and the time that will be required and ensuring all relevant meeting documents (including agendas, pre-reading, prep, action updates and input from the team) are available prior to the meeting;
• Have regular reviews to revisit current priorities to ensure the meeting schedule is optimised;
• Manage the GM`s email at all times and delegate emails to the team where appropriate ensuring they are tracked to completion;
• Organise and process expense claims for the General Manager;
• Raising urgent payment requests when necessary;
• To ensure all actions are logged, tracked and completed in a timely manner;
• Assisting with team social events.
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding. Write clearly and concisely.
• Personal development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
• Previous experience in a Personal Assistant role preferably gained in hospitality. Understanding of the sensitive nature of the functions work and maintain strict confidentiality at all times;
• Exceptional organisation skills with an ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload;
• Excellent administrative skills with the ability to introduce and manage procedures into a dynamic and evolving environment;
• Excellent time management and self-organisation skills with the ability to work effectively to tight timescales and under pressure/stressful situations;
• In depth working knowledge of Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Fluent in English written and spoken.
• Fixed-term (maternity cover) from May to October labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.