Pastry Sous Chef
The ideal candidate loves his job and continuously looks for self development. Be willing to achieve individual and team goals through teamwork and passion. Work together with the Pastry Chef to delight our guests with their creations made with locally sourced ingredients and culinary imagination.
Reports to the Pastry Chef.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Responsible together with the Pastry Chef for overseeing the pastry production of restaurant, bar, banqueting and room service achieving and maintaining the brand standards and exceeding Guest’s expectations;
• Encourage elevated performance with the purpose of improving the Pastry Department standards of excellence;
• Compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Effective communication: communicate clearly and in an appropriate manner (both verbally and non-verbally) that positively impacts on their role, the business and Belmond. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding. Share information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Emotional intelligence: take on challenges in a confident manner and use emotional skills to identify problems and resolve them. Seek feedback about own performance to enhance self-awareness.
• Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork and proactively go out of one’s way to help others.
• Drive results: achieve goals and expectations and maximise resource allocation to achieve those.
• Adaptability: demonstrate a forward thinking ability, whilst anticipating the implications and consequences of new information. Efficiently prioritise and handle multiple demands and tasks.
• Previous experience in restaurant/hotel of the same level;
• Broad knowledge of pastry techniques and products with suitable experience of working with the finest ingredients;
• Knowledge and ability to produce traditional desserts and pastries belonging to the Italian tradition;
• Excellent knowledge of Italian.
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Food & Lodging for non residents;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within our Hotels
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.