ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
Is recruiting for the season 2021
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The Maître is our ambassador in the Restaurant: he/she coordinates and supervises the restaurant team to ensure the best Guests’ experience is provided through a flawless and personalised service.
Reports to: Restaurant Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide an excellent and tailor made culinary experience to our Guests according to our service standards and procedures;
• Run the service briefing to share information, news and Guest preferences;
• Lead and oversee the Restaurant service;
• Create and maintain a professional relationship with Guests;
• Create and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues and other departments;
• Anticipate guests needs and handle Guest comments and complaints when needed;
• Train and develop staff in everyday operations according to our standard and procedures;
• Assist the Restaurant Manager on monitoring stock levels and alignment to the department financial objectives;
• Responsible for the achievement of the economic targets of the restaurant with a deep knowledge of the restaurant offer and appropriate suggestions and recommendations to Guests;
• Support the Sommelier in the wine selling process, service and recommendation;
• Handle administration tasks as required;
• Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication & personal effectiveness: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions. Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical and leadership competencies and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Identify issues and solve them promptly and properly.
• Professional experience at an international level, preferably in a Restaurant, in the same role;
• English knowledge at Intermediate/Advanced level;
• Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines;
• Valid HACCP certification;
• Knowledge of F&B management software (e.g. Quadranet);
• Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally;
• Previous experience as trainer is a plus;
• Attention to detail.
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Meal during working shifts;
• Lodging upon availability;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgfknZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaodddkdkgn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.