MAITRE – SEASON 2024
Join the Recruitment Days at Masseria Torre Maizza on 4th and 5th December!
Opened in May 2019, Masseria Torre Maizza is located in the most glamorous destination on the Italian Adriatic coast. Surrounded by ancient olive groves, the renovated 16th century masseria is filled with thoughtful design accents and details to create a unique sense of place, from the stunning Olga Polizzi-designed rooms and suites to the romantic sunset rooftop bar and elegant restaurant overlooking the swimming pool. The resort also features a 9-hole executive golf course, a private beach club and an indulgent Spa.
The Maître is our ambassador in the Restaurant: he/she coordinates and supervises the restaurant team to ensure the best Guests’ experience is provided through a flawless and personalised service.
Reports to: Restaurant Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide an excellent and tailor made culinary experience to our Guests according to our service standards and procedures;
• Run the service briefing to share information, news and Guest preferences;
• Lead and oversee the Restaurant service;
• Create and maintain a professional relationship with Guests;
• Create and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues and other departments;
• Anticipate guests needs and handle Guest comments and complaints when needed;
• Train and develop staff in everyday operations according to our standard and procedures;
• Assist the Restaurant Manager on monitoring stock levels and alignment to the department financial objectives;
• Responsible for the achievement of the economic targets of the restaurant with a deep knowledge of the restaurant offer and appropriate suggestions and recommendations to Guests;
• Support the Sommelier in the wine selling process, service and recommendation;
• Handle administration tasks as required;
• Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions.
• Seasonal contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
• Learning & development activities and career opportunities.
• Opportunity to stay in one of our hotels at a reduced rate (35€ per night) upon reaching 6 working months. You will also be entitled to 50% discount at bars and restaurants of the Company and 20% discount on wellness treatments at our Spa and on products “Irene Forte”.
• Staff celebrations.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play. He/she will engage the Team Members, with a open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust and respect.
• Communication: He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst all the departments of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Professional experience at an international level, preferably in a Restaurant, in the same role;
• English knowledge at Intermediate/Advanced level;
• Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines;
• Valid HACCP certification;
• Knowledge of F&B management software;
• Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally;
• Previous experience as trainer is a plus;
• Attention to detail.
Workplace: Masseria Torre Maizza, Contrada Coccaro s.n , 72015, Savelletri di Fasano (BR), Puglia.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.