For the next season, we are looking for a Maître to join the team at our refined Ristorante La Terrazza, and at the new Pool Grill being relaunched next year.
The ideal candidate is passionate about hospitality and comfortable with challenges. He/she should have exceptional taste and exemplary customer service skills.
The Maître runs the dining room operations. As well as managing the work of the front of the house brigade, he/she is also responsible for customer relations and for ensuring that customers receive impeccable service at all times. He/she reports to the Restaurant Manager.
Splendido, A Belmond Hotel, part of the LVMH Group, is an emblem of Portofino’s allure. Our elevated escape is perched in the protected Portofino hills, overlooking the glittering Gulf of Tigullio and charming Portofino. We are proud of our legendary past and continue to visualise our heritage of the future.
Become part of a caring team of professionals striving for excellence. At Belmond we look for effortlessly engaging characters, whose personality, humour and charm shine through, creating a culture for unscripted and instinctive service and genuine human connection.
Main duties & responsibilities:
– Anticipate guests’ needs and handle guest complaints, providing an excellent and personalized guest experience in line with our service standards
– Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints
Cooperate with the Restaurant Manager for staff development; manage staff in everyday operations according to our standard and procedures
– Maintain a professional relationship with guests and colleagues
– Effective communication, emotional intelligence and adaptability
– Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, and proactively go out of your way to help others
– Drive results: set clear goals and expectations and maximize resource allocation to achieve them
– Global perspective: treat one another with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position, level or background
– Be capable of advising on best selling prices and review regularly according to the Restaurant Manager’s instructions
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in the same role in the luxury hotel industry
– Experience preferably at an international level in a fine dining restaurant required
– Fluent in English and Italian; a third language is desirable
– Professional knowledge of Italian cuisine and Italian & International wines
– Exceptional customer service skills
Belmond has been a pioneer of exceptional luxury travel since 1976. Its portfolio extends across 24 countries with 46 remarkable properties that include the illustrious Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train, remote beach retreats like Cap Juluca in Anguilla, Italian hideaways such as Splendido in Portofino, and gateways to natural wonders such as Hotel das Cataratas beside Brazil’s Iguassu Falls. From trains to river barges, safari lodges to hotels, each unique property has a distinctive story, personality and identity, with a personalised team to match.
The essence of the Belmond brand is built upon its heritage, craftsmanship and genuine, authentic service. We treasure history while looking to the future. We embrace community spirit and believe in responsible, sustainable tourism. As part of our Think Global, Act Local approach, we prioritise purchasing food from sustainable sources, run and support educational programmes and follow sustainable practices to reduce our impact on the environment.
Belmond is part of the world’s leading luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton.
Belmond and you
When you join Belmond, you become part of a global family. We ask you to embrace our core values, follow our directives and reflect the ethos of our group. In return, we ensure our employees enjoy just as many memorable moments as our guests.
Benefits include the Discovering Belmond programme, which offers team members complimentary accommodation at Belmond hotels, discounted rates for our trains, cruises and safaris, and discounted food and beverages. More importantly, we support you in your career. We make a point of investing in your development and wellbeing to help you reach your full potential.
– We offer seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo – Level 3, Maitre (or higher) with food & lodging for non-residents in our Staff House.
– Start date: May 2023 to End date: October 2023, with the aim of a continuous collaboration over subsequent seasons at Splendido and a career path.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.