Maitre di Sala
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice is a five-star luxury urban resort located on a private island, just ten minutes from Piazza San Marco via complimentary boat. With the San Clemente Church, top-notch event spaces, award-winning dining, spa, pool, sports facilities and a Kid’s Club, unforgettable experiences await our Guests in the number #1 Hotel in Venice and #20 in the world as awarded this year.
True to the values of the San Clemente Palace family, in which our company is rooted, we are committed each day to protecting the planet, the territory and first and foremost people, with concrete gestures, even small ones, to be put into practice daily. Join our Team in 2024!
For the upcoming season 2024 | Mid March 2024 to Mid November 2024 | we are looking for:
JOB TITLE: Maitre di sala
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Assistant Restaurant Manager / Restaurant Manager
NATIONALITY: Eligible for a working permit in Italy
EDUCATION: BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years in an F&B service role; awards/ certificates/ trainings related to bar operations are preferred, Micros PMS knowledge
LANGUAGE: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment: Italian – excellent oral and written skills. English – excellent oral and written skills. Additional language – beneficial
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
The job of Restaurant Supervisor is executed satisfactorily when:
1. All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
2. The service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members.
3. The sales are driven to the outlet’s full potential and that budget is adhered to.
4. A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Responsible to Assistant Restaurant Manager/ Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for Head Waiter/ Waitress, Waiter/ Waitress & Host/ Hostess.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.