Maintenance Manager | Capo Manutentore
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice is a five-star luxury urban resort located on a private island, just ten minutes from Piazza San Marco via complimentary boat. With the San Clemente Church, top-notch event spaces, award-winning dining, spa, pool, sports facilities and a Kid’s Club, unforgettable experiences await our Guests in the number #1 Hotel in Venice and #20 in the world as awarded this year by Condè Nast Traveler.
True to the values of the San Clemente Palace family, in which our company is rooted, we are committed each day to protecting the planet, the territory and first and foremost people, with concrete gestures, even small ones, to be put into practice daily. Join our Team in 2024!
For the upcoming season 2024 beginning March 2024, we are looking for:
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager | Capo Manutentore
REPORTS TO: General Manager | Operation Manager | Property
NATIONALITY: Eligible for a working permit in Italy
EDUCATION: BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA, or Business Schools or Professional School in Scientific or Engineering Studies
LANGUAGE: Good knowledge of English and Italian language
At least 2 years’ experience in Luxury or Upscale Hotels in same role
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for supporting, supervising, scheduling and motivating the hotel maintenance team while making sure the overall corrective and preventive maintenance is completed.
Responsible to coordinate and manage the day to day repair and maintenance of the building engineering asset and including Fire, Life and Safety systems equipment, including activities in department budgets, capital expenditures, room’s preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
The Maintenance Manager oversees the engineering operation of the hotel and reports to the General Manager on a day to day basis. S/he supervises engineering team members under his/her responsibility for high level of performance, quality of work and attendance.
S/he prepares periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) visits, inspections in accordance with the preventive maintenance plan, workload or priorities for approval by the Management as well as strictly monitors and follow-ups on Fire, Life and Security Brand Standards.
● For employees under him, completes, evaluates and follows-up on employee performance reviews TTTT and six month’s progress reports on a timely basis.
● Maintains all hotel building and equipment in a good and neat condition.
● Ensures that effective and concise preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
● Efficiently communicates overall repair and maintenance status to the General Manager on a weekly basis.
● Maintains all the fire-life-safety equipment in first class order.
● Ensures that the fire-life-safety first response team has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
● Establishes good working relationships with suppliers whom will furnish reliable 24-hour emergency service.
● Compiles a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water and submits to the General Manager.
● Ensures all engineering team members are exposed to hotel internal and external training on an on-going basis Ensures regular training is given to the engineering team members under his direct supervision.
● Ensures effective inter-departmental communication and good relations between the engineering team members and members of fellow departments within the hotel.
● Prepares and follow through on any projects as outlined by General Manager.
● Ensures all public areas are patrolled daily and all lighting is in good order.
● Ensures all engineering team members are permanently well groomed and in uniform.
● Develops and maintain an energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget target.
● Prepares purchase requisitions and submits to the Purchasing Manager.
● Supervises maintenance operations whilst ensuring compliance with all engineering policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
● Regularly inspects all building areas and take any necessary corrective or preventive actions.
● Implements guestrooms and guest corridors corrective and preventive maintenance.
● Coordinates, reviews and ensures compliance of M&E agreements.
● Participates in the planning and set up for hotel special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions.
● Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Kempinski Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
● Maintains a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
● Ensures a clean, neat and organized workshop area.
● Performs to any other tasks or projects as assigned by General Manager or Property
● Be on call (alternatively with any other engineering members) after normal working hours and coordinate tradespersons after hours if needed.
● Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
● Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
● Oversee the day to day operations of the engineering and related departments.
● Primary contact to communicate and coordinate work from other departments.
● Ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
● Interact with engineering staff, vendors, Corporate/Regional Engineering and various department staff members.
● Guest Rooms – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets and programming TV’s.
● Public Areas – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing and/or adjusting all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
● Fire Alarm/Life Safety System – to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
● Energy Conservation – to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the General Management.
● Tools – to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
● Emergencies – to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and employees, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform General Management of any such emergencies.
● Accident Prevention and Safety – to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger employees or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
● Records – to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
● Departmental Duties – support all engineering areas so that the department works in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve and help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
● General – Support to complete all work assigned to the department in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with all the team to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep the Management updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
● San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day during the opening season (March-November). All staff must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business determines the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 48 hours, and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
● Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
● To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
● To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
● To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.