Junior Sous Chef – Gourmet Restaurant
Set on the private island of San Clemente, our Hotel is part of Kempinski and a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World. San Clemente Palace Kempinski offers 190 rooms and suites, three restaurants, three bars, an outdoor pool, a tennis court, a recently inaugurated Spa and a congress centre.
Junior Sous Chef – Gourmet Restaurant
The Junior Sous Chef assists in the management of kitchen operations and be in charge of the day to day operation of respective kitchen in the hotel.
• Help to direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of all Chefs and kitchen attendants, engaged in preparing and cooking food, so as to ensure an efficient food service.
• Inspect storerooms, refrigerators and freezers daily, to prevent wastage. Checking the quality and quantity of food received from the markets and stores.
• Assist the Sous Chef to control cost by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and practicing portion control.
• Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by the Executive Chef.
• Produce and check preparation and presentation of food.
• Ensure the Kitchen complies with health and safety standards as to prevent accidents.
• Follow up and keep a tidy control over function and event orders.
• Make sure that all machines, furniture equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition.
• Maximise employee productivity and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
• Motivate all staff to perform their duties by demonstrating professionalism, organisational skill and team spirit.
• Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conduct safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
• Be aware with property safety, first aid and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
• Implement and practice HACCP.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years in the same role, preferably with an international 5* luxury hotel.
• Excellent Italian and English.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with superb presentation and grooming.
• Strong management skills and ability to inspire those in others.
• Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solution.
Please send your CV stating in the object the position you are applying for.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will be able to respond only to selected candidates
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.