Director of Housekeeping
Set on the private island of San Clemente, our Hotel is part of Kempinski and a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World. San Clemente Palace Kempinski offers 196 rooms and suites, three restaurants, three bars, an outdoor pool, a tennis court, a recently inaugurated Spa and a congress centre.
Director of Housekeeping
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of upkeep, hygiene and cleanliness of the Hotel, including all Guest rooms, public area, food & beverage outlets, banquet facilities and back of the house. Closely monitors all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free.
• Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives.
• Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers receive prompt and courteous service and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
• Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski Standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance and supply.
• Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards
• Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations.
• Manage linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs.
• Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Desk, Engineering, Sales and Marketing and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participate in all refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution and final set up including snag lists.
• Prepare the annual budget and manning guide and manage the housekeeping department within budgetary guidelines.
• Coordinate and review contracts, including plants rental, Window cleaning contracts, Night cleaning contract, marble manganese contract, pest management contract, Room cleaning contract, flowers and decoration contract, and ensure compliance by both parties.
• Participate in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions.
• Manage the performance of the flower shop and valet shop to meet high quality standards and business results.
• Keep abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends.
• Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
• Prepare the annual manning guide, the CAPEX budget and departmental budget in order to meet the business objectives.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years in the same role, preferably with a 5* luxury hotel.
• Excellent Italian and English.
• Operational knowledge of housekeeping equipment and machine.
• Knowledge and skills on cleaning techniques and cleaning products.
• Knowledge on housekeeping procedures and standards.
• Knowledge of Opera PMS.
• Excellent leadership skills and management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with superb presentation and grooming.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.