Guest Relation Manager
San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice is located on the private island of San Clemente, only ten minutes away by complimentary boat from Piazza San Marco. A proud member of Leading Hotels of the World, this exclusive retreat guarantees peace, tranquillity and privacy with its 190 rooms and suites overlooking the lagoon or the centuries-old park. Its three restaurants offering exceptional interpretations of iconic Italian and Venetian cuisine, the hotel’s proximity to Venice, and the unique combination of conference rooms and outdoor areas, make San Clemente Palace the perfect choice for outstanding events and weddings.
We are approaching the opening of the Resort on March 24th, 2023 and we want you to be part of our Team.
JOB TITLE: Guest Relations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager / Rooms Division Manager
NATIONALITY: Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
EDUCATION: Hotel Apprenticeship | Higher College Education
EXPERIENCE: To fill the position, one of the following is required:
– Minimum of 3 years experience in a Manager level position in Front Office or Guest Relations preferably in an international five star hotel
– Food & Beverage and Sales experience is a plus
LANGUAGE: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
-Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
-English – excellent oral and written skills
-Additional language – beneficial
COMPETENCIES: Include the skills the candidate must have to fill this
Luxury Hotel Experiences
Good Communication skills
Knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems
General knowledge of tourist and business related information
Knowledge of hotel products and services
Knowledge of VIP welcoming protocol
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Advanced knowledge of Opera
Basic knowledge of Micros
INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS: To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
Passionate for European luxury
Customer Service Orientation
Cross Cultural Sensitive
Teamwork / Cooperation minded
Friendly and caring
Natural sense for luxury
The incumbent in the position is to be responsible for managing the Guest Relation Section and providing the highest professional services in accordance with Kempinski’s policies, procedures and service standards. They also act as a representative of the hotel management and handle all guest relation matters brought to their attention, to the satisfaction of the guest.
The job of Guest Relations Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
1. LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
2. CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
3. Hotel and Outlets are promoted.
4. Guest complaints are minimized and if occur followed up efficient and are reported to Operations team.
5. In case of immediate need, the Guest Relations Manager helps with reception duties.
1. Communication of hotel & company philosophy and internal hotel representation.
2. Have an in-depth knowledge of the hotel and the geographical layout of the city / surroundings.
3. Be knowledgeable about all VIPs in-house, hotel functions and special events.
4. Collect as much feedback information on VIPs as possible (on daily basis) by checking e.g. Google, Opera PMS company wide, briefs and distribute this information within the hotel to all relevant departments by e.g. daily guest fact sheets/reports, newsletter, etc. and ensure information is updated in the guest profile.
5. Welcome, facilitate and bid farewell to as many guests as possible.
6. Top VIPs MUST be welcomed upon arrival, escorted to their room and bid farewell upon departure.
7. Liaise with FOM, to prepare tailor made guest itinerary for Top VIP’s when appropriate and coordinate VIP greetings and departures – ahead of time.
8. Obtain as much information about a guest’s stay to be entered in the guest history.
9. Welcome visitors to the hotel, assist with general information, internal promotions and directions.
10. Handle guest complaints and requests in a polite and efficient manner, give further instructions to the relevant staff if needed to ensure optimal guest satisfaction.
11. Maintain a record of all complaints and requests, follow up and inform concerned operating departments.
12. Perform special projects and related duties as assigned.
13. Walk throughout the hotel recognizing guests and engage with them appropriately.
14. Attend & participate in daily briefings as scheduled.
15. Report potential and existing hazards and rectified immediately.
16. Provide information to all guests regarding the services and possible internal promotions of the hotel.
17. Senior Management on any unusual circumstances that might affect guest service and expectation.
18. Take decisions on upgrades / comps / rebates etc. as per stipulated hotel policies and procedures.
19. Participate in training programmes.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Kempinski is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Please, send your CV in English with updated photo.
Saranno presi in considerazione solo i curriculum di candidati idonei con CV aggiornato e con foto recente, tutti gli altri, verranno inseriti all’interno del nostro database per future esigenze di compagnia.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.