Group & Event Sales Executive
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
GROUP & EVENT SALES EXECUTIVE (maternity cover)
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination.
Villa Igiea reopened in June completely refurbished after almost two years of renovation work. It shows contemporary design while maintaining its Liberty soul.
The hotel has 100 rooms and suites, overlooking the flourishing gardens and the Gulf of Palermo.
The key role of a Group and Event Sales Executive is to manage all incoming group leads with an aim for converting business for the properties. She/he works in close collaboration with the Proactive teams to support each step of the ‘enquiry life cycle’ when and if required.
Reports to: Group & Event Sales Director, Sicily.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Managing all incoming room only and residential group leads per property/area acting as Event Services Manager;
• Managing the conversion of all room only and residential group leads per property/region;
• Responsible for selling and negotiating on the phone and email;
• Overall responsibility for the sales processes within the ‘Enquiry Life Cycle’, from the initial lead to handing over to the Event Services Team including the post event follow up;
• Managing all incoming room only and residential group leads per property/region;
• Management of the generic inbox and distribution of leads to relevant team members or Event Services Team (banqueting only leads);
• Overall responsibility for qualification, selling and negotiating in line with the properties yielding policies;
• Overall responsibility for yielding rooms and banqueting space to maximize the group and event revenue;
• Responsible for working in collaboration with Proactive sales teams to support conversion (qualification, follow up, proposal preparations, negotiation, site inspections and post event follow up);
• Mandatory that all Proactive teams are copied into leads of their geographical regions
• Responsible for building rapport with annual groups and re-contracting – all annual groups should be re-qualified each year to ensure no displacement;
• Ownership of the weekly ‘Groups Pipeline Meeting’ with support from the DOSM/DOR
• Collaboration with Event Services Team ensuring weekly handover meetings take place, sharing confirmed residential and room only leads;
• Responsible for maintaining a healthy pipeline to achieve property budget;
• Conduct regular competitive pricing surveys;
• Undertake all training role related – selling, negotiating, site inspection and revenue training.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication & personal effectiveness: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions. Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical and leadership competencies and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Identify issues and solve them promptly and properly.
• A proven track record in event management – minimum 1 year;
• Previous experience in Event Management;
• English knowledge at Intermediate/Advanced level;
• Strong selling philosophy with sound customer relationship skills;
• Good organizational skills in order to successfully manage conflicting priorities;
• Ability to negotiate and resolve a degree of conflict.
• Fixed-term 7 months Labour contract for maternity cover according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Meal during working shifts;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
• Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019
• Villa Igiea – Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.