Front Desk Agent
We are currently seeking passionate and enthusiastic Front Desk Agents to join our team during the upcoming 2019 season. These are seasonal position for the approximate time frame March-October 2019.
Set on the private island of San Clemente, our Hotel is part of Kempinski and a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World. San Clemente Palace Kempinski offers 190 rooms and suites, three restaurants, three bars, an outdoor pool, a tennis court, a modern Spa and a congress centre.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards. At all times, the Front Desk Agents must display a professional and positive image of the hotel as they play a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest receives of the hotel.
– check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards;
– ensure that LQA results are above 85%;
– upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers;
– upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice;
– handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float;
– answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaint;
– coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests;
– keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities;
Required skills and experience:
– previous experience in international 5* hotels in the same position;
– fluent Italian and English; beneficial the knowledge of a second language, in particular German;
– working knowledge of Opera is desirable;
– able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays;
– excellent guest care skills, flexibility, good organisation, and problem solving attitude;
– be able to cope well under pressure and be a good team player.
Please send your CV stating in the object the position you are applying for.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will be able to respond only to selected candidates with relevant work experience.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.