ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Hotel Savoy is situated on Piazza della Repubblica, right at the heart of Florence. We are next to the Duomo and within walking distance of the River Arno, Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace, as well as the finest designer boutiques of Via Roma and Via Tornabuoni.Hotel Savoy is a place that instantly attunes you to the culture of the city, where you can taste the best of Tuscan cooking and sip on the finest local wines.
The F&B Manager is responsible for all food & beverage outlets, maintenance of quality standards, recruitment, training and performance management of F&B team
Reports to: General Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Eager and capable of networking, creating opportunities for partnerships and for sales improvement.
• Develops an operating budget for the “Irene” restaurant & bar; monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budgeted sales and cost goals are attained;
• Ensures that adequate accounting procedures are followed and that documentation is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
• Manages the Department’s long range staffing needs;
• Acts as role model for the F&B team;
• Responsible for organizational structure and scheduling plans;
• Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented;
• Assures that all applicable RF policies and procedures are followed;
• Researches new products and evaluates their costs in cooperation with purchasing Manager;
• Greets Guests and oversees their satisfaction during the services;
• Creates and maintains relationship with the Guests in order to fulfill their wishes;
• Manages and resolves complaints finding the appropriate corrective actions.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication & personal effectiveness: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions. Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical and leadership competencies and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Identify issues and solve them promptly and properly.
• Excellent command of Italian and English both written and spoken. Third language is a plus;
• Previous experience in a luxury hotel operation in a similar role;
• Excellent knowledge of all aspects of F&B Operations, including Restaurant and Bar Management, Banqueting, In Room Dining, Culinary and Stewarding;
• Experience in developing strategic business and/or Food and Beverage plans;
• Excellent communication skills verbal, written and non-verbal;
• Previous working experience in Florence is a plus
• Permanent labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities in Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Hotel Savoy, Piazza della Repubblica 7, 50123 – Firenze.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.