ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
is recruiting for the season 2021
Villa Igiea will reopen on May 1st 2021 completely refurbished after almost two years of renovation work . It will show contemporary design while maintaining its Liberty soul.
The hotel will have 100 rooms and suites, overlooking the flourishing gardens and the Gulf of Palermo.
Well-known Chef Fulvio Pierangelini will lead the kitchen brigade and conceive the hotel culinary offer.
A beautiful Wellness Centre will be available for relaxation and body care while sports lovers will find a spacious and well equipped fitness room . The property is enriched by a see front swimming pool for the exclusive use of Guests.
The project is to bring the building to its ancient splendor. It was built at the end of the nineteenth century by the English Admiral Cecil Domville, then purchased by the Florio family and renovated by the architect Ernesto Basile. The renovation is signed by Olga Polizzi, Deputy Chairman & Design Director of Rocco Forte Hotels, in collaboration with Paolo Moschino of Nicholas Haslam Studios.
Reports to: General Manager
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Responsible for Housekeeping Department management, organization and effective Guest service delivery. He/she will ensure that the team will consistently work following our standards and procedures setting departmental objectives in line with hotel objectives
• Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet LQA and RF Standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance, and supply
• Manage linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs
• Responsible for selection, development and performance appraisal of Housekeeping Department. He/she will manage the staff rota planning of Housekeeping and Laundry.
• Responsible of creating a personalised relationship with Guests and taking care of their special requests concerning housekeeping, being a role model of Rocco Forte Hotels individual and genuine hospitality style. Share any relevant Guest preference with the proper department.
• Accountable for all the supplies, par-stock and equipment assigned to the Housekeeping Department. In charge of organising the team to cope with the inventory and requisitions deadlines
• Responsible for leading the department in order to reach financial, quality and people objectives.
• Suggest profit and quality improvement to the management.
• Assure compliance with health and safety regulations in the Housekeeping and Laundry department.
• Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Desk, Engineering, Sales and Marketing, and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participate in all pre-opening, refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution and final set up
• Participate in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions
• Keep abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends
• Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth. Previous experience as trainer is a plus.
• English – excellent , additional language beneficial
• Minimum of 3 years of Experience in similar role and LQA standards awareness
• Evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Knowledge of OPERA PMS
• 3 years contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Reward package adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Workplace: Villa Igiea – Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 – Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgfinZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaoddibckdn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.