Director of Housekeeping
Domina Coral Bay Hotel, Resort & Casino – Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
Director of Housekeeping
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring optimum operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean, sanitized and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service’s levels.
• The Director of Housekeeping is expected to plan, organize, and monitor the work of housekeeping, laundry daily to ensure compliance with our high quality standards, which requires continuous visual inspections of guest rooms and public areas, laundry production and quality.
• Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
• Develops and implements processes, procedures and standards for Housekeeping departments which support the achievement of service and financial goals
• Prepares annual budget; monitors achievement of budget and takes corrective actions as appropriate
• Conducts daily inspections and co-ordinate work schedules in all areas of the hotel.
• Daily checking of all public area, guest rooms, corridors and back of the house area.
• Oversees inventory, purchasing, expense and cost control for all linens, cleaning supplies, customer room and restroom supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
• Reports and communicates with maintenance any requirements for all areas of the hotels
• Implements and carries out the annual and monthly training programs with training Manager
• Ensures adequate par stock level for cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Overseas and ensures an accurate documentation for lost property and distribution for unclaimed items as per policy and procedures.
• Ensures all Domina policies and procedures are checked and updated annually
• Ensures all team member are motivated and regular on the on job training carried out in the correct method of cleaning procedures as per standard
• Maintains and orders the required par stock level of linen, toweling, soft furnishing and uniforms in line with budget.
• Ensures a regular spring-cleaning program is implemented according to the occupancy
• Overseas the ordering of floral arrangements for public area and guest rooms
• Ensures all guest telephone calls and requirements are logged and followed up
• Communicates closely with human resources in the recruitment of the employees and setting internal criteria
• Ensures efficient running of the laundry department and ensures that a ready supply of linen is always available for rooms and F&B.
• Oversees all laundry and dry-cleaning operations.
• Reviews the standards of decoration, layouts of furniture and equipment.
• Communicates with reception to ensure efficiency of both bedroom letting and servicing
• Handles customer queries, requests and complaints with sensitivity, patience and courtesy, if necessary contacts senior management if customer remains unhappy
• Ensures daily attendance records are signed
• Bachelor’s Degree or at least a high Hotel school.
• Italian mother tongue, fluent in English.
The position is based in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.
Please apply via email- ref.: director of housekeeping
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.