Deputy Financial Controller
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
DEPUTY FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
You will report to Director of Finance and you will ensure that all financial policies and procedures are followed.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the department and all relevant accounting functions. The position requires close collaboration with Director of Finance and Departmental HODs to ensure procedures are understood and adhered to within the department and the hotel.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Excellent knowledge in general accounting as well as in receivables, payables, payroll, income audit, cashiering, stores, purchasing and cost control
• Manage all finance and accounting operations: P&L month-end process, balance sheet reconciliation, BS month-end process, CF month-end process, budgeting, forecasting, capex, etc
• Supervise the HR administration and monthly payroll
• Implementation and maintenance of local accounting procedures as required by local and federal regulations and in accordance with Rocco Forte Policies & Procedures
• Performs/directs regular inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with the required procedures
• Responsible for selection and development of team members, monitoring performance and providing feedback and setting relevant development objectives to each one of them;
• Responsible for leading the department in order to reach financial, quality and people objectives. Daily cooperation with HODs to maximise the financial efficiency of the property.
• Maintain relations with hotel’s internal and external auditors and ensure that action is taken according to auditors’ recommendations.
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play. He/she will engage the Team Members, with a open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst all the departments of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• Excellent command of Italian and English, both spoken and written.
• Previous experience as Hotel Controller or Senior Accountant in 5 stars hotels;
• Preferable degree in business administration or hotel management
• Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops
• Knowledge of Accounting Management software such as Navision, knowledge of payroll software is a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel).
• Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Reward package adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgefnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaodcjccgdn and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.