ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, 203 rooms and 20 private villas Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination.
Main purpose: The objective of Verdura Resort’s team is providing an exceptional Sicilian experience to our Guests. In order to comply with this mission, the resort has to be always impeccably presented therefore the role of the Chief Engineer and the maintenance team is key.
The candidate responsible for the flawless running of our Engineering and Maintenance department. He/she will be in charge of directing all related aspects of the resort’s maintenance, utility systems, physical interior and exterior building structures, grounds, all mechanical, electrical, pool systems and related equipment and resources.
He/she will ensure all project completion in an efficient and timely manner leading the maintenance team to meet company specifications and comply with regulations.
Reports to: General Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Organise, coordinate and oversee the maintenance team to ensure that daily operations are efficiently carried out in order to guarantee that our Guests receive the ultimate stay with us
• Responsible for selection and development of maintenance team members, monitoring performance and providing smart objectives and feedback; ensure that they use their skills to the full potential
• Perform quality control checks, ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the systems and equipment.
• Create and execute preventive maintenance plans
• Supervise any external contractor when working in the property in order to ensure efficiency and compliance with H&S and Rocco Forte Hotel standards
• Ensure the resort is in compliance with all relevant laws, including H&S and fire prevention. Ensure staff has proper safety equipment in place
• Recommend any best practice that could improve efficiency as for example energy efficiency or water saving.
• Prepare reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports, for all engineering processes;
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members and be hands-on.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
• At least 3 years of experience in the same role in Italy; resort or multi property experience will be a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related will be a plus.
• Fluency in English and Italian.
• Excellent problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities.
• Motivation and ability to work in a fast and multitasking environment.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Full knowledge of H&S regulations.
• Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo.
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience.
• Learning & development activities.
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Location: Verdura Resort, S.S. 115, Km 131, 92019 – Sciacca (AG).
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.