Chef de Rang
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
HOTEL DE LA VILLE
CHEF DE RANG
Inspired by the era of the Grand Tour, the Hotel De La Ville elegantly marries 18th-century architecture with contemporary luxury and unparalleled service. The interior, a collaboration between Olga Polizzi and renowned architect Tommaso Ziffer, entwines traditional design elements with state-of-the-art technology to stunning effect.
The vibrant restaurants and playful cocktail bars will make Hotel de la Ville the gathering place for the city’s bright and beauty, while visitors will find the location in the heart of Rome irresistible.
The Chef de Rang is responsible of the flawless delivery of restaurant service to our guests, whose satisfaction is the main objective of our team.
Main duties & responsibilities:
– Responsible of the satisfaction and service of the restaurant’s Guests. Organise and lead the operations in the part of the restaurant assigned. Coordinate his/her commis de rang in order to meet all service standards.
– Support the Maitre in creating a personalised interaction with the Guests and tailor made culinary experience for each one of them
– Responsible of the cleanliness and appearance of the restaurant
– Responsible of the equipment and supplies assigned to perform the service
– Contribute to the achievement of the economic targets of the outlet.
– Collaboration: be open with colleagues and proactively offer support and share information and knowledge with them. Listen and respond constructively to HODs ideas/suggestions/feedback. Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
– Personal Effectiveness & Communication: be open and have positive approach, ask for feedback about own performance. Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding. Write clearly and concisely (if relevant to the role).
– Professional development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Use experience as a learning opportunity and make adjustments to improve own performance and be focused on own professional development. Ongoing dialogue with HOD on own performance objectives.
– Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Demonstrates a good knowledge of the hotels, their products and services. Understand how costs impact on profit. Behave constantly according to the Rocco Forte Pillars to guarantee the loyalty of the guests to the brand. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by HOD in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
– Technical Skills: Constantly look for opportunities to exceed our Guest’s expectations. Remain focused on offering excellence even in challenging situations. Demonstrate empathy: be aware of needs and emotions of others. Create a genuine connection with others. Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
– Fluent in English and Italian
– Previous work experience in a Restaurant, hotel experience will be a plus
– Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally
– Attention to detail
– Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
– Learning & development activities;
– Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Hotel De La Ville, Via Sistina, 69, 00187 Roma RM
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.