Chef de Rang
Splendido, A Belmond Hotel, part of the LVMH Group, is an emblem of Portofino’s allure. Our elevated escape is perched in the protected Portofino hills, overlooking the glittering Gulf of Tigullio and charming Portofino. We are proud of our legendary past and continue to visualise our heritage of the future.
From La Terrazza – one of the most spectacular restaurants in Italy – to our new Splendido Grill Restaurant and Cocktail Bar, culinary excellence is in our DNA.
We are looking for a Chef de Rang for the next season (spring/summer 2024) to join our restaurant team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about hospitality and comfortable with challenges. He / she is willing to provide authentic and luxury dining experiences, demonstrating care, confidence, curiosity and community.
He/She should have exceptional taste and exemplary customer service skills.
He/She reports to Maitre D’Hotel.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Monitor all aspects of the customers’ experience, from the restaurant layout before they arrive to the experience they receive during the service.
- Act to enhance a flawless service and anticipate Guests’ needs
- Fulfil the operations of the Food & Beverage outlets – La Terrazza Restaurant and Splendido Grill Restaurant, according to the Company policies, high standards and procedures;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all Guests and handle requests and enquiries
- Contribute to the achievement of the economic targets of the outlet
- Coordinate and monitor Demi and Commis de Rang assigned to him/her
- Effective communication, emotional intelligence, adaptability
- Collaboration: be able and willing to work as a team player
- Drive results: provide genuine and consistent high levels of service by anticipating and exceeding expectations of guests and colleagues
- Global perspective: treat each other with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position, level or background
- Previous professional experience within the same role in a luxury environment
- Fluent in English and Italian; a third language preferred
- HACCP certification
- Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally
- Belmond has been a pioneer of exceptional luxury travel since 1976. Its portfolio extends across 24 countries with 46 remarkable properties.The essence of the Belmond brand is built upon its heritage, craftsmanship and genuine, authentic service. We treasure history while looking to the future. We embrace community spirit and believe in responsible, sustainable tourism.
- Belmond is part of the world’s leading luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton.
- Belmond is an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Belmond and you:
- We offer seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo – Level 4, Chef de Rang
- Start date: April/May 2024 to End date: September 2024, with the aim of a continuous collaboration over subsequent seasons at Splendido and a career path.
- Salary as by CCNL + increase based on seniority and skill level, separate payslip for 13°,14° and TFR
- Monthly welfare incentive based on quality goals + welcome bonus
- Accomodation in our staff house including breakfast
- Bus ticket as benefit for the contract period; staff cantine
- Discovering Belmond programme, which offers team members complimentary accommodation at Belmond hotels, discounted rates for our trains, cruises and safaris, and discounted food and beverages
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.