Chef de Rang
ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
HOTEL VILLA IGIEA
is recruiting for the season 2021
CHEF DE RANG
Villa Igiea will reopen completely refurbished with a contemporary design and its Liberty soul still intact. The hotel will have 100 rooms and suites, overlooking the flourishing gardens and the Gulf of Palermo. Well-known Chef Fulvio Pierangelini will lead the kitchen brigade and conceive the hotel culinary offer. A beautiful Wellness Center will be available for relaxation and body care while sports lovers will find a fitness room for their work out. The property is enriched by a swimming pool for the exclusive use of Guests, facing the sea and shaded by prosperous vegetation. The project is to restore the structure, built at the end of the nineteenth century by the English Admiral Cecil Domville, then purchased by the Florio family and renovated by the architect Ernesto Basile, to its ancient splendor. The renovation is signed by Olga Polizzi, Deputy Chairman & Design Director of Rocco Forte Hotels, in collaboration with Paolo Moschino of Nicholas Haslam Studios.
The Chef de Rang is responsible for the flawless delivery of restaurant service to our guests, whose satisfaction is the main objective of our team.
Reports to: Restaurant Manager and his delegates
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Deliver restaurant service according to our standards and procedures in order to offer a tailor made culinary experience to our Guests, Coordinate the Commis de Rang during service if on duty;
• Create and maintain a personalised interaction with Guests;
• Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the restaurant;
• Responsible for the equipment and supplies assigned to perform the service;
• Contribute to the achievement of the economic targets of the restaurant with a deep knowledge of the culinary offer and appropriate suggestions and recommendations to Guests;
• Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions.
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding.
• Personal development: Be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
• 2 years of professional experience in the same role preferably in deluxe hotels and restaurants
• English knowledge at Intermediate level;
• Valid HACCP certification;
• Knowledge of F&B management software;
• Passion for service and ambition to grow professionally;
• Attention to detail.
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Meal during working shifts;
• Lodging upon availability;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Villa Igiea Hotel, Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.