ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
VERDURA GOLF & SPA RESORT
is recruiting for the season 2020
An alluring Sicilian escape, Verdura Resort occupies nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. Home to three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants and five bars, Verdura Resort is an irresistible destination. It’s a place where rooms seem woven subtly into the Sicilian landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s an unforgettable resort in Sicily where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The Barman provide friendly, attentive, and timely service to our Guests to create an exceptional and personalised experience for each one of them. His/her main objective will be to support our Guests in creating such marvellous memories that they will want to return again!
Reports to Head Barman.
Main duties & responsibilities:
– In charge of bar and snack service. Provide quality beverage products with a unique and personalised approach to our Guest (e.g. recommending beverages based on Guest’s preferences), food suggestions and service according to our standards;
– Guest relations: engage the Guests in pleasant conversations while staying at the bar and create an individual relationship with them in order to anticipate their needs;
– Support the Head Barman in coordinating the service;
– Responsible of the cleanliness and appearance of the Bar;
– Responsible of the equipment and supplies assigned to perform the service;
– Contribute to the achievement of economic targets of the bar. Complete knowledge of all products served by the bar;
– Comply with H&S national rules and company instructions;
– Collaboration: Be open with colleagues and proactively offer support. Appreciate teamwork within the department. Treat colleagues with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
– Communication: Present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others.
– Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Manage own emotions in challenging situations. Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and emotions of others. Accept new tasks and responsibilities willingly and with a positive approach. Able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by HOD in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way.
– Business orientation: understand how personal and department performance impacts the business. Demonstrates a good knowledge of the hotel, its products and services. Recognizes and understands guests, so as to actively seek out sales opportunities for Rocco Forte products and services.
– Self-developer: open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Share knowledge with colleagues.
Skills and Professional Background:
– Fluent in Italian and English;
– Professional experience in a similar role; resort experience will be a plus;
– A.I.B.E.S. certification is preferred;
– Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
– Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
– Learning & development activities;
– Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details to http://careers.roccofortehotels.com/pbank/owa/pbk24w12.main?p=dgffnZobjgeggn3oY7NN7T7Y9S079SJZnaoddbifjin and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.