One of our most iconic hotels, Cipriani, a Belmond Hotel, Venice, is looking for their next Head Barman to create memorable guest experiences at Bar Gabbiano, one of Venice’s most popular spots for pre- and post-dinner socializing.
The Head Barman reports to the hotels F&B Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Bar Gabbiano and for achieving and exceeding the bars targets in terms of guest satisfaction, quality assurance and financial metrics.
The ideal candidate knows and understands the social scene of Venice, has worked as Head Barman or Bar Manager in a luxury hospitality environment for a few years (ideally also on international level), speaks Italian and English fluently, and is extremely passionate about Food and Beverage.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– In charge of handling all aspects of the bar operation including but not limited to staffing, scheduling, training, health & safety, license management, inventory management, supplier relations and negotiations, menu development, and budgeting
– Assess that the bar has the organizational structure, processes and tools to deliver strategic priorities and targets
– Identify opportunities and develop solutions to enhance the performance from an LQA and guest experience perspective
– Elevate the bar menu, taking pride in the hotels and bar’s history, yet thinking progressively and developing new beverage concepts as appropriate
– Lead, train and coach the bar team towards achieving exceptional guest service
– Foster a culture of growth, development and performance within the department
– Assist in preparation of the bars budget
– Work closely with other departments in the hotel to ensure service excellence
– Support projects across the business as required
– Ensure licenses are updated and in line with current legislation
– Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately
– Previous experience working within a luxury destination bar as Head Barman / Bar Manager
– International work experience is desirable
– Extensive knowledge of quality spirits and wines
– Excellent understanding of both classic and modern cocktails, their recipes and history
– Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s core behaviours
– Exceptional people-management skills to successfully manage and motivate the bar team
– Positive, cooperative, adaptable and with effective communication skills.
– Able to multi-task and work well with deadlines
– Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft tools
– Fluent in Italian and English, both written and verbal.
Competitive salary & benefits
This is a seasonal, 10 month contract with the opportunity to return for the 2023 season and beyond
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.