is recruiting for season 2020
The latest addition to the Rocco Forte Hotels collection: Villa Igiea. This iconic palazzo occupies a peerless position at the foot of Mount Pellegrino, overlooking the azure waters of the Gulf of Palermo, just half an hour’s drive from Palermo Airport.
Opened as a hotel in 1900, Villa Igiea became a fabled year-round sanctuary for royalty and the Hollywood elite. Built by visionary Sicilian architect Ernesto Basile for the family Florio, the historical Villa epitomises Palermo’s Liberty movement and is undoubtedly the most distinguished of the era.
Before its grand opening in summer 2020, this majestic listed palazzo will undergo an extensive refurbishment at the hands of Rocco Forte Hotels’ Director of Design, Olga Polizzi. Working in collaboration with Paolo Moschino of Nicholas Haslam Studios, Olga will ensure the hotel surpasses its former glory, preserving its exquisite period features and show-stopping Basile room, whilst enhancing its appeal with her signature heritage design.
The Bar Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient running and profitability of bar and light meals service, according to our standards and procedures. She/he has a natural flair for 5 star hospitality and strong communicational skills. Responsible for all bar outlets and relevant services.
Reports to Food & Beverage Manager
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide friendly, attentive and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our Guests;
• Ensure that policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service;
• Accomplish bar staff’s objectives by orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, and counselling them;
• Involved in recruitment and selection process;
• Achieve the department financial objectives working closely with management and overall team;
• Comply with H&S national rules;
• Maintain a professional relationship with guests and colleagues;
• Anticipate guests needs and handle guest complaints;
• Manage and develop staff in everyday operations according to our standard and procedures;
• Monitor stock levels and align to the department financial objectives.
• Handle administration tasks as required
• Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for teamwork, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
• Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: self-awareness and self-control are must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
• Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance affects the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
• Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth. Previous experience as trainer is a plus.
• Fluent in Italian and English. French as third language is preferred
• Sound professional experience in a similar role in luxury hotels and/or bars at international level;
• Certificate as Professional Barman
• Certificate as Sommelier is preferred.
• Evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
• Able to use software for management of F&B – Familiar with Microsoft Office package
• Seasonal Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Place of work: Villa Igiea Palermo, Salita Belmonte, 43, 90142 – Palermo.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.