Assistant Director of Engineering
Four Seasons Hotel Firenze is looking for a qualified and experienced Assistant Director of Engineering to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining the property in an efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
This position reports to our Director of Engineering.
Join our team
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion to exceed guest expectations by providing the most memorable guest experience. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze has the largest private gardens in the city, bordered by an ornate Villa and Renaissance Palazzo Gherardesca. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
• Ensure proper execution of work order/request system and that items are followed up on when necessary.
• Assist in the hiring, training, supervision, scheduling, and evaluation of performance and planning the activities of maintenance staff including making spot checks on a daily basis.
• Implement preventive maintenance schedules, policies and rules to ensure an efficient department.
• Maintain logs on movement of stock items and tools and monitor distribution of items.
• Ensure that meter readings are taken daily on heat, light and review information to evaluate consumption.
• Support the energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget targets.
• Maintain close working relations with hotel contractors who furnish reliable 24 hour emergency service.
• Prepare requisitions for purchase and work orders and liaise effectively with the Director of Purchasing.
Preferred qualifications and skills
• At least 2 years of Management experience in Engineering preferably in a hotel environment
• Knowledge of blue prints, wiring diagrams and hydraulics. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Autocad 2D.
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Italian.
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
Work authorization for the location is required.
What to expect: you will…
• Be a part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential.
• Have access to our benefit plan.
• Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
• Derive a sense of pride in work for Four Seasons.
• Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
Tweets by FourSeasonsJobs
We look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application through our website.
Click on Search and Apply for Jobs, search for Florence in the section Locations on the left side of the page. After selecting Florence, click on the desired position and submit your CV. Alternatively, please kindly send your CV via email.
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.