ROCCO FORTE HOTELS
Verdura Resort is set on 230 hectares and nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. There are three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants, five bars and much more. It’s a place where buildings are subtly woven into the landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it’s a place where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
The Accounting Clerk keeps financial records updated, prepares reports and reconciles bank statements. He/she also runs accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. Ultimately, the Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Reports to: Hotel Controller.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Excellent knowledge in general accounting as well as in receivables, payables, payroll, income audit, cashiering, stores, purchasing and cost control;
• Manages all finance and accounting operations: P&L month-end process, balance sheet reconciliation, BS month-end process, CF month-end process, budgeting, forecasting, capex, etc.;
• Manages local accounting procedures as required by local and federal regulations and in accordance with Rocco Forte Policies & Procedures;
• Enters key data of financial transactions in database;
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements;
• Collaboration: Be able and willing to work as a team within the department and with other departments. Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and diversity, treating others with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position level or background.
• Personal Effectiveness & Communication: Demonstrate self-control and present information clearly and with confidence. Ask questions to ensure understanding. Listen and respond empathically to others. Use and interpret non-verbal behaviours to enhance understanding.
• Personal development: be open to and accept constructive feedback and use it to improve. Take on new learning opportunities willingly. Ongoing dialogue with Head of Department on own performance objectives.
• Business orientation: Understand how personal objectives impacts department and hotel targets. Be able to follow guidelines and priorities assigned by Head of the Department in order to achieve goals in a timely and satisfactory way. Perform his/her tasks with integrity.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical competence and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Be responsible for own actions and behaviours.
• English knowledge at intermediate level;
• Studies in Economics or Finance;
• Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
• Knowledge of Accounting Management software such as Navision, knowledge of payroll software is a plus;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel).
• Fixed-term labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Reward package adequate to the professional experience;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels.
Workplace: Verdura Resort, S.S. 115 Km 131, 92019 – Sciacca (AG), Sicilia.
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Tutti i CV devono essere inviati comprensivi di autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali in conformità al Regolamento UE n. 2016/679 - GDPR e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per la selezione in corso.
L'offerta di lavoro si intende riferita ad entrambi i sessi secondo il disposto delle leggi 903/77 e 125/91.