Title of Position: Sales & Marketing Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Liases to: all department Manager/ Regional Sales Strategy leader and Global Sales and Support Offices.
Purpose: The Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and managing the overall sales of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy, maximizing revenue, and meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives.
Position Overview: The Director of Sales is responsible for total revenue including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, local catering, and other revenues, as well as assisting and actively participating in yield management strategies. Strategies include market mix, pricing status and direct sales. Serves as an advisor to the General Manager on business intelligence.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel;
- Responsible for the sales strategy implementation;
- Develop the business group and MICE segment by identifying new markets and animating accounts together with the regional sales teams
- Develop the leisure market particularly in the high end segment by identifying emitting markets and main actors
- Develop the business individual segment especially on local market
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reporting, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required;
- Develops new plans and programs and determine the effectiveness of current plans and programs;
- Direct all advertising, public relations and promotional activities in conjunction with corporate marketing and public relations departments;
- Actively participates in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings;
- Travel as needed to attend trade shows, sales missions and sales trips;
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market competitiveness and exceptional financial performance;
- Anticipate and address guests issues and establish proactive processes to promote guests satisfaction;
- Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a positive image.
- A minimum of 5 years Sales management experience, preferably in the luxury setting;
- Knowledge in both Corporate and Leisure, Travel industry, MICE/Catering sales and a good understanding of the luxury hotels market and competitors is needed;
- Previous experience of a very competitive environment is required.
- Must have strong decision making skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent and fluent English communication skills, both verbal and written is a pre-requisite;
- Additional language would be an asset;
- Ability to train and develop team members;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Computer skills (Opera Front office, Opera Sales & Catering, ASA, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software).
Please send your cv with the consent to process personal data as per D.Lgs. 196/2003 to: H1312-HR@sofitel.com