The Bar Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient running and profitability of bar and light meals service, according to our standards and procedures. His/her primary objective is to show our guests such a marvellous time that they will want to return again.
Reports to F&B Manager.
Responsible for barman, chef de bar and commis de bar.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Provide friendly, attentive and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all of our Guests;
• Ensure that policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service;
• Accomplish bar staff’s objectives by orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, and counselling them;
• Involved in recruitment and selection process;
• Achieve the department financial objectives working closely with F&B Manager and overall team.
• Communication skills: he / she communicates clearly and in an appropriate manner (both verbally and non-verbally) that positively impacts on their role, the business and Belmond. He / she takes ownership to initiate communication. He / she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Emotional intelligence: he / she shows the ability to control and express ones emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships. He / she uses emotional skills to identify problems and resolves them. He / she takes on challenges willingly in a confident manner. He / she seeks feedback about own performance to enhance self-awareness.
• Collaboration: he / she has a positive influence, provides assistance and shares information whilst showing respect. He / she is a role model for working collaboratively across the business. He / she shares successes and credits with the team.
• Drive results: he / she sets clear goals and expectations and maximise resource allocation to deliver an exceptional and consistent high level of service to internal and external customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations. Measure, report and communicate business results to the broader team including but not limited to financial, guests satisfaction, LQA and employee engagement results.
• Adaptability: he / she leads change programmes through the business and the team and explain why change is needed to ensure success. He / she efficiently prioritises and handles multiple demands and tasks.
• Global perspective: he / she treats each other with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position, level or background.
Experience and skills required:
• Professional experience at an International level within the same role in 5 stars hotels or/and high end bars and restaurants;
• Fluent in Italian and English, a third language is preferred;
• Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
• Pc literate.
• Permanent labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
• Economical treatment adequate to the professional experience;
• Food & lodging for non residents;
• Learning & development activities;
• Career opportunities within our Hotels cluster.
Location: Portofino (GE).
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03) to: firstname.lastname@example.org