Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is looking for a candidate who is passionate for the hospitality business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for making all events unique, ensuring that hotel meetings, conferences, wedding parties and private events are perfectly organized by keeping in close contact with our Guest and exceed their expectations.
Reports to F&B Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Produce detailed proposals for events and liaising with Guests to ascertain their precise event requirements;
• Constant update of entertainment opportunities within the area, in order to differentiate each event and satisfy high Guests’ expectation;
• Plan room layouts and the entertainment program;
• Liaise between Guests requests and F&B/Room division services;
• Coordinate venue management, suppliers, designers, contractors, equipment hire and catering with F&B Manager in line with Belmond policies and Belmond quality standard;
• Handle Guests queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly, and make sure that all the events within the hotel meet the hotel's level of quality standards;
• Follow up with Guests to understand their satisfaction;
• Take care of overall sales-related administrative duties;
• Act and manage events in line with budget as per GM’s instructions;
• Ensure to be compliance with legal, health, insurance and safety obligations.
• Effective communication: communicate clearly and in an appropriate manner (both verbally and written) that positively impacts on the role, the business and Belmond. Share information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
• Emotional intelligence: show the ability to control and express ones emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships. Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and emotions of others and adjust ones style to the needs of the audience.
• Collaboration: exhibit the ability to successfully work together united within a group whilst showing respect and willing to share information and skills. Be willing to continuously develop.
• Drive results: demonstrate pride in delivering exceptional and consistent high levels of service to our customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations. Have a sense of urgency and take ownership of ones tasks and responsibilities.
• Adaptability: accept change and participate in new programs and processes. Be willing to learn new skills and keep up to date with developments in the department. Identify when a different approach is needed an offers a solution. Deal with multiple tasks and alters behaviour/priorities as changes occur and remains calm in pressurised situations.
• Global perspective: be curious and respectful of all cultures and look to learn from them. Treat each other with respect and inclusiveness regardless of position, level or background.
• Previous experience in a similar role, preferred in hospitality business
• Fluency in Italian and English. A third language is a plus
• Natural flair for details
• Pc literate
• Permanent labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
• Benefits for all (Long Service Award, Discovery Belmond)
• Extra benefits according to role and working experience
• Learning & development activities
• Career opportunities within our hotels cluster
Place of work: Taormina, Sicily, Italy